When I saw that Saddleback Leather updated their Classic Envelop Clutch in height and width, I wanted to try it out! You might have seen my YouTube review on the Tobacco Envelope Clutch. It’s a beautiful clutch, don’t get me wrong, but it was lacking some major functions. One “flaw” was a standard size Manila folder would not fit into the clutch. A lot of us Saddleback Leather fans were hoping this clutch would function as a document holder. Granted, I work freelance and never carry around Manila folders, but it was a great deterrent for many corporate going ladies and gents. I would have to admit, I was upset some of my over-sized Plein Air Magazines didn’t fit either. My hope was to preserve these magazines when I’m traveling so I can reference them for years!
My emotions were overjoyed when I saw that Saddleback Leather has UPDATED the design to hold both Manila folders and my over-sized magazines! Order placed! The exterior dimensions of the Envelope Clutch were updated from 12×9 to 13×10. Buy it here.
My Favorite things about the new updated Envelope Clutch:
- It’s simple, elegant, timeless, charming
- It holds the essentials I need when I’m out and about the town
- It’s genderless. Both Men and Women can integrate it into their lives.
- The removable strap is so helpful. It can be removed completely and the clutch can go into any briefcase or be held as an evening clutch under the arm. It can be clipped onto the D-Rings to make a wristlet. It can be clipped on both D-Rings and made into a strap. (See picture below). Also the strap can be used on any bag you own. Some people use the strap on their Large Hobo from Saddleback Leather, giving the bag a top handle.
- The clutch can also hold a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (without a keyboard), several Manila folders, several standard and over-sized magazines and much more.
- Did I mention, Saddleback Leather has a 100 year warranty on their Full Grain Leather Bags? What’s not to love about that?!
I did an “unboxing” video on YouTube. Feel free to watch it here: