I remember saying, “Now that I have this bag, I’m ready go. Owning this bag is a passport to travel!”
What a lofting claim for someone who is a homebody. I’d say this Medium Simple Backpack (in Tobacco), is the MOST talked about bag in my collection. There’s an unending war between this bag and the Front Pocket Backpack. Thankfully, I did a full YouTube Review on the reasons why I traded my FPBP for this Simple. The problem with these two bags is there’s no problem, flaw, or defect about them. I was complaining my FPBP was never full! I never had enough to fit into it. So I downsized to the Simple. The Simple isn’t that much smaller, but enough that I wanted to try it out.
Let’s move on. That debate will never end. 😀
I hang this bag in my studio on a wall mounted coat rack. When I’m not traveling, and it’s winter, the backpack isn’t used much. So sad. How can I put an emotion of sadness to not using an item? I don’t know, but I do. Come Spring, Summer and Fall, I’m using this backpack several times a week. I’m an Interior Designs/Artist/Freelance/Plein Air Painter/a lot of other things, but painting out doors for Plein Air created a problem and this backpack was the solution!
I park my car, unload my art supplies, and walk. I never know how far into a park, city, or forest (with trails) I will walk, but when I see a captivating sight I paint it! These supplies include a tripod, paints, brushes, water, chair, umbrella, paper and much more. When I started this hobby three years ago, I found that a backpack would be most helpful. It’s always fun when you find a problem and you have to find a solution. The hunt for this backpack was enjoyable but long. This backpack is an investment, so saving up for it took a while, waiting for a sale or trade took time too. The day the UPS truck showed up has become foggy. It feels like this was the backpack I was always meant to enjoy. I cared so much about what Saddleback Leather was providing it’s customers with the reassurance that I can enjoy this bag for 100 years! I joke, but I really hope my kids like leather and find themselves making memories with this bag. Every day this bag isn’t used, stirs in me a desire to see more and paint more, a wonderful feeling indeed.
- The style. It feels so proportionate to me. Balanced and practical.
- The quality. Full Grain Leather with Saddleback Leather’s 100 year warranty! Buy bag here.
- I’m making an impression on this bag (scratches, marks, one small pen mark, patina on the back from me wearing it).
- It looks amazing in photos.
- It’s timeless.
- My husband asks to borrow it on weekend trips with work.
- The buckles are floppy and easier to open as time goes on.
- It’s so comfortable to wear (this should be higher on the list, well this list isn’t an order of importance)
- It’s very adjustable in backpack straps. I’m 5’5″ and my husband is 6’3″.
As always, here’s a YouTube review of the Medium Simple Backpack:
My father modeling my backpack